Do You Need Voiced Messages on Hold with Music?
No one likes being put on hold, however, it is a fact of life that you will need to wait while the person that you are talking to seeks out the person you are looking for, or for an answer to your query. However, many callers simply hate being put on hold and statistics show that 34% of those that simply hang up will never call back. According to a survey by AT&T however, those that listen to music on hold with messages will think that a 30-second wait will have been only 15 seconds, while those listening in silence find that a 30-second wait feels like a whole 90 seconds.
So it is very important that you use on hold messages that are going to be effective in keeping your callers on the line while they wait. After all, the last thing any business wants is to upset their customers in any way. Our specialized services have been supplying on hold messages for business for several years and we are able to provide you with all of the support and help that you may be looking for. From a voicemail message sample to music and tailored messages our services can support your business perfectly.
Why Have Music on Hold with Messages?
Sitting there in silence, many callers will not only be frustrated with the wait they will also wonder if you have hung up on them. Some 70% of business calls result in a caller being put on hold. So you will want to ensure that you do your best to ensure that you do not lose that caller. The following reasons are a clear motivation for ensuring that you use on hold messages music or other techniques to keep the caller engaged:
How to Request a Caller Goes on Hold
Saying “please hold” and simply making the line go silent is guaranteed to get the blood boiling for anyone. There is an etiquette that should be followed if you are to put someone on hold for any reason. The following advice should be followed whether you are putting someone on hold:
- Provide an apology upfront: simply saying that you are “sorry but I will have to put you on hold because…” goes a long way towards keeping the caller happy with your service.
- Let them know how long they will have to wait: by telling them roughly how long they may have to wait you will reduce the number that will hang up prematurely.
- Ask them for their permission: don’t just simply put them on hold. Give them the choice.
- Try to avoid the word “hold”, try to use an alternative that will not give quite the same negative reaction that it has such as “bare with me while I…”
- Check back with the customer: if you have to leave them on hold just go back to them to give them an update and show that they have not been forgotten.
- Give them an alternative if they would be on hold for a long time: can you call them back or send them an email when their issue has been resolved.
- Thank them: simply saying thank you will improve their perception of your customer service.
How to Make Your on Hold Messages Work for You
Just using phone hold music is missing an opportunity for your business. While music can be soothing and will keep the caller happier you have an opportunity to inform and impress the caller and make their experience that much more enjoyable; as well as maybe profitable for you. Getting messages across about what the company has to offer, especially when it comes to special offers and the likes gives you an opportunity to boost your sales.
The following advice can help you with recording your messages for on hold customers:
An Example of Good on Hold Message for You
“Hi. You have reached (name) of (business name). Thank you for calling me. I’m afraid I won’t be able to take your call right now. Please, feel free to leave a message, giving your name and contact details after the tone and I’ll be sure to get back to you when I return on (date, time).Thanks very much for your call and have a great day!”
We Can Help with Your on Hold Recordings
From recording out of office voicemail greeting with a date of return through to providing professional music on hold recording for your business our services can help you. Listen to our voicemail message sample or automatic reply to get an idea of the quality of service that we can help you with. From unique music to messages that are perfectly relevant to your business our professional services will ensure that you keep your callers engaged fully and on the line. Through our services, you will ensure that you don’t lose your callers too quick as well as delivering them a message that will actually help promote your business.
Contact our specialists here today for music on hold with messages tailored to your business at a price that you will not better elsewhere!
- Choose a Work Voicemail Message Sample for You
- Discover Main Phone Greeting Than Can Make Your Business Rock