Using Professional Voicemail Messages
When you mention using a professional voicemail message, most people automatically think of business. However professional voicemail messages aren’t just for business use. A profession message is referring to the fact that it was done professionally to ensure that the voicemail message is clear and easy to understand. It can be frustrating when you reach a voicemail but due to background noise, poor recording equipment or some other reason, you can fully understand the message. It is especially important in business but for many people, it is equally important on their personal voicemail as well. Good voicemail messages should:
- Follow basic voicemail etiquette. They should contain a brief greeting, who you are, a brief statement that you can’t take the call, an invitation to leave a message, and if possible a time-frame within which their call will be returned.
- Be brief. Usually 20 to 30 seconds is long enough. A message may not seem that long when you record it. However a couple of minutes can seem pretty long to a busy caller waiting to leave a message.
- Be clear and easy to understand for anybody who may call. When you record your message you might be so used to noise around you such as traffic or other background noise that you don’t consciously notice. For a caller it makes hearing your message difficult.
The above are the basics for any voicemail message. Your particular situation may require additional information such as an alternative number where you may be reached or the name and number of somebody else who can help the caller.
Examples of Professional Voicemail Messages
The following are a few examples of professional voicemail messages:
“Hello, you have reached the office of (name) . I’m presently on another call and am unable to speak with you personally. If you will leave your name and telephone number, I will return your call. Thank you.”
“This is (name) of (company). I’m currently away from my desk and unable to take your call. If you need to reach me immediately, please call (number). Otherwise, please leave me a message and I’ll return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.”
We Provide Professional Voicemail Messages
Our company provides voicemail messages for both business and personal use. We use professional actors who know how to use tone and inflection to make the recorded message clear and easy to understand. All recording is done in a soundproof studio to eliminate any background noise and interference. We can record your voicemail message script or write a script for you based on your needs. Other advantages of our service include:
- All voicemail messages we provide are guaranteed
- Easy online order and payment process
- Inexpensive rates
- Customer support 24/7