Steps to Record a Standard Voicemail Greeting
Chances are if you have a phone you have voicemail. Many companies may have special requirements or needs, but often a standard voicemail greeting is sufficient for small businesses and personal use. The following are the steps to take to record a standard office voicemail greeting.
- Write a script for your greeting. Most people are not that good when it comes to ad lib and tend to ramble or have a lot of “uhms.” You should include 1) Brief greeting, 2) Who you are, 3) Company name 4) Statement that you can’t take the call and 5) Invitation to leave a message. The message should be kept fairly brief.
- Practice reading the script a few times before you record just to familiarize yourself with it. Speak clearly. Many people have a tendency to rush a bit. Don’t rush but also don’t over compensate by reading to slowly.
- Try to get rid of all noise sources in the room you will record from. There may be background noise you are so used to that you don’t even notice it normally.
- Record your voicemail greeting. Try to speak normally so it isn’t apparent you are reading from a script
- Preview the recording before you save it. Check the length, if there is any background noise and if your voice is clearly understood. If you find no faults save it. If there is a problem then erase and rerecord until you have the best voicemail greeting you are satisfied with.
Examples of a Standard Voicemail Greeting
Here are a few examples of a standard voicemail greeting:
- “Hello, you have reached the office of (name). I’m presently on another call and am unable to speak with you personally. If you will leave your name and telephone number, I will return your call. Thank you.”
- “This is (name) of (company). I’m currently away from my desk and unable to take your call. Please leave your name, phone number and your message and I will contact you as soon as I get back to my desk. Thank you.”
If for any reason you aren’t happy with your voicemail greeting, consider using a professional voicemail greeting service like the one we provide.
Get Your Voicemail Greeting from Us
We offer a professional voicemail greeting service that can provide you with voicemail messages for any purpose, whether business or personal. Our recordings are done in a soundproof studio by professional actors to ensure high quality, easy to understand, voicemail recordings. We can record your script, or if you prefer, we can write a custom script for you based on your needs. We also offer multilingual recording. Benefits of using our service include:
- Guarantees on every voicemail message we provide
- Easy online order and payment process
- Affordable rates
- Complete customer confidentiality