What is a professional voicemail? A professional voicemail is the one that welcomes the caller and does not make him dishearten with an unethical and amateurish tone. The message should sound completely natural and there should be no twists or turns. It should be straight, simple, precise and very clear and should be devoid of any jokes, slangs or humorous messages.
It should ask all the information of the caller explicitly such as his name, call-back number, time of call back and a short message. What is the right mode of creating a professional phone greeting? While you begin creating a professional voicemail make sure that you meet following criteria:
- Before making an attempt to prepare an actual recording, practice reading the script a few times in a loud and professional manner. You can practice it by recording it on your audio file of a computer or a cell phone.
- Make sure that your tone is consistent, calm and professional.
- Make relevant changes if the script sounds unnatural or misses the requisite information. You can take the assistance of your friend or colleague and make him listen to the voicemail greeting message and thereby ask for pertinent feedback.
- Prior you begin your recording, find a quiet place and then initiate with your recording.
- You can also use prompts with options when the caller makes a call.
- Prepare your message early morning before you begin your activity.
- If there is a disturbance in the nearby zone, employ a separate phone to dial into the voicemail system.
- Prepare your message with an acceptable sound possibly with a smile or with happy thoughts and then only activate the process.
- Prepare it based on varied requirements such as when you are out of office or away from the desk.
Tips for Creating Professional Voicemails
When you prepare your script, reduce its talent cost by sticking yourself with some fundamental rules. Create a top notch quality recording. The size of your organization hardly matters but what matters is your interest in the visitor’s call, so prepare a message meeting business constraints. Don’t prepare a message that cannot be entertained by non-English speakers. Go through it slowly so that it can be easily understood by them, otherwise, they will hang up their calls making you a loss of thousands of dollars.
However, if you face any criticalities while preparing professional voicemails, please make a call to us and we would provide you the necessary support. We have the whole range of professional voicemail greetings that will suffice your need based on varying requirements. You can also call us or leave us a message on our email and our customer care executive will return your call shortly.