What Are the Best Voicemail Greetings?
The best voicemail greeting is one that conveys all the information that you intend it to, clearly and in a short amount of time. A mistake many people make is to have a professional voice mail message that is too long. The following are some tips to help with creating short voicemail greetings:
- Don’t include too much information. In general your message should contain a short greeting, who you are, statement that you are unavailable and an invitation to leave a message. There may be special situations where you include a little more but in most cases this is enough.
- Write your message out before you record it. For most people it is difficult to ad lib and you end up with many pauses or there is a tendency to ramble. Chances are when you first write it out you will think it is too short. Most likely it is not.
- Do a practice recording. A message of 20 seconds is long enough in most cases. When written out two or three lines may seem very short, but when spoken in a clear tone at a easy to understand tempo it is plenty.
- The best voicemail greetings are short, but be careful that you are not abrupt to the point of seeming rude.
Most people realize right away they have a recorded voicemail and at that point they would just like to leave a message without having to wait too long.
Examples of Good Voicemail Greetings
The following are some examples of the best professional voicemail greetings:
“You have reached the office of (name). I’m presently out of the office. If you will leave your name and number I will return your call as soon as I return. Thank you.”
“Hi, you’ve reached (name) of (business). I’m sorry that I’m not available to answer your call. Please leave your name, number and a message at the tone and I’ll return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.”
“This is (name) of (company). I’m currently unable to take your call. Please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message, and I will contact you as soon as possible. Thanks.”
These examples convey the necessary information but are brief and to the point.
We Can Provide the Best Voicemail Greetings for Your Situation
Our professional voicemail greeting service can provide you with high quality voicemail messages that are customized to your specific requirements. Not every voicemail message is suitable for every situation and if you have special requirements, we are happy to supply them. We use professional actors who can record from a script you provide or we can write a script for you. Additional benefits of our service include:
- Guarantees on every voicemail message we provide
- Multilingual recording available
- Affordable rates
- Customer support 24/7